9th IFAC Symposium on Biological and Medical Systems

31st August - 2nd September 2015, Berlin, Germany

Site Tools


venue

Location

The 9th IFAC Symposium on Biological and Medical Systems, BMS 2015, will be held in Berlin, Germany, from August 31st to September 2nd, 2015. Berlin, Germany's capital, is a vibrant cosmopolitan city, offering a wide range of cultural and touristic attractions. Berlin is a green city, with rivers and canals, and is particularly enjoyable in summer and early fall.

Venue

The symposium BMS 2015 takes place at the historical Charlottenburg campus of the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) Institute Berlin, which is located within walking distance of Kurfürstendamm and Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten, right in the heart of Berlin's „City West“ and yet only five kilometres south of the airport Berlin-Tegel.

Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Bau
Fraunhoferstr. 11-12
10587 Berlin-Charlottenburg

PTB-Weitergabe-Logo

A map of the venue (PTB campus) can be downloaded from here.

The PTB Institute Berlin is not only a direct neighbour of TU Berlin campus but also in the close vicinity of famous landmarks like Ku’damm, Schloss Charlottenburg, Deutsche Oper, Tiergarten, the river Spree as well as the Zoo and Aquarium.

 PTB Institute Berlin -- Hermann von Helmholtz Building
PTB Institute Berlin – Hermann von Helmholtz Building
 PTB Institute Berlin -- Observatory
PTB Institute Berlin – Observatory
History of the PTB Institute Berlin

The PTB is the national metrology institute providing scientific and technical services. The division “Medical Physics and Metrological Information Technology” is accommodated at the PTB Institute Berlin and has a strong reputation in measurement technology and biosignal processing.

In 1887, the Physikalisch-Technische Reichsanstalt (PTR) was founded on the Charlottenburg campus at the initiative of Werner von Siemens. Hermann von Helmholtz, who was its first president until his death, resided in a villa on the premises. Following World War II, the PTB in Braunschweig was founded at the initiative of Max von Laue. Based on an agreement between the Federal Republic of Germany and the State of Berlin, in 1953, the PTR merged as the “Berlin Institute” with the PTB located in Braunschweig.

The oldest building on the Charlottenburg campus, the Observatory, shines in new splendour since the anniversary year of 2012.

The doubtlessly most beautiful building, the Hermann von Helmholtz Building, rounds out the premises to the west and serves as location for BMS 2015.

venue.txt · Last modified: 2015/08/21 10:34 by schauer

Page Tools